Tractor registration pays off.
A host of advantages make operating the Unimog with a tractor registration a profitable decision. According to EU Directive 167/2013 the type approval as a tractor (vehicle class T1b for high-speed tractors) is associated in many places with:
- Tax exemption when registered as a tractor (agricultural or forestry vehicle)
- Permission to use 2 trailers
- Exemption from Sunday driving ban
- Can be driven with driving licence class T up to 60 km/h
- Diesel tax refund
- Increase of the permissible vehicle width to max. 3 m
- Permit to install front-mounted implements
- Exemption from EC tachograph and driver's card
- Toll exemption
- Increase of the permissible axle loads (trailers)
- Exempt from entry ban into green zones
- Exemption from professional driver qualification
Contractors, agricultural operations and communities can equally benefit from the numerous advantages. Important in this regard: The particular perks differ from country to country and must be clarified with the relevant national authorities.
The right model for every need.
People purchasing a Unimog implement carrier for agricultural use can choose from six models in all. Thanks to the different focuses with regard to engine output and gross weight, the product range offers the right model for virtually all municipal and agricultural purposes:
|Model ||Engine output ||Max. gross vehicle weight rating |
|U 318 ||130 kW ||11,0 t |
|U 423 ||170 kW ||13,8 t |
|U 427 / U 430 ||200 kW/220 kW ||14,0 t |
|U 527 / U 530 ||200 kW/220 kW ||16,5 t |
Econic and Unimog at the IAA 2018
IAA Commercial Vehicles 2018.
20 to 27 September 2018
Open daily from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
Mercedes-Benz trade fair presentation